At Twin Cedars we provide a well balanced daily activity schedule; meeting the social, physical, cognitive and spiritual needs of our residents. We encourage our residents to be as active and independent as possible. Our Activities Director supports Twin Cedars residents by coordinating transportation and arranging community events for them to be part of. We also empower our residents to get involved with activities in the home, doing the tasks they are most familiar with such as setting the tables, folding laundry, watering the plants, etc. Some of our residents even co-host and run our activities!
Our Daily Routine
- Participate in our morning exercise group, led by our vivacious Activity Director, who will assist you in your daily workout routine ensuring that you maintain your strength, gait and endurance.
- Keep your mind stimulated through reminiscence and discussion groups, memories of yesterday, trivia games and daily current events.
- Pursue your spiritual path by attending any of our in house services and activities hosted by our local community clergy.
- Attend one of our informative monthly lectures in our activity center and learn about fascinating topics, keeping your mind stimulated or teach others about your expertise!
- Play a game of chess, checkers or cards against friends on our game table in the library, enjoy using the computers and exploring the worldwide web, or help yourself to reading some best sellers right off the shelf.
- Be creative through arts and crafts projects, painting, collage and holiday decorating.
- Gather on our covered porches for great conversation and spectacular views. Savor the fresh air, and the glorious sunshine with a homemade glass of lemonade.
- Join us at our planned weekly trips to local shopping malls, fine dining restaurants, the theater and scenic drives.
- We value all input and suggestions our residents have and conduct monthly resident council meetings to hear how Twin Cedars can continue to best meet our resident’s desires, ensuring their happiness.
Sample Activity Calendar